I wanted to bake something bready one time so I again searched the net for a simple recipe that calls for simple ingredients that I already have. I happen to crave for something with cinnamon so I chose this recipe.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/8 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 1% buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk just until mixed.
- Transfer half of the mixture to a 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Sprinkle three-fourths of mixture over batter. Top with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
*I added raisins, about 1/2 cup.
This is really good and very easy to make. Also, I just love the smell of cinnamon that fills the house whenever I bake this. But this recipe has inspired me to bake my tiny raisin cinnamon rolls
. That’s more flavorful, has more cinnamon and has more love. I might have a problem with kneading though. Ah pregnancy….